BUILDING BUSINESS ACUMEN
What the CEO Wants You to Know™
Do employees know how they impact your bottom line?
Today’s modern employees are increasingly specialised to have the most impact, but with a focused skill set and educational background, they lose out on a deeper understanding of how organiSations operate as a whole.
This crucial business solution, based on the book What the CEO Wants You to Know by Ram Charan, draws on the knowledge gained from years of working with Fortune 100 CEOs, and instills C-level insights in your employees so they can align their efforts to your business goals and maximise your bottom line. When employees understand how their organisation operates, they can better align their efforts and decisions to benefit your bottom line.
"Step back and get a total picture of the business. As you cut through the complexity, you will get a clear fix on what is happening in the real world."
- RAM CHARAN
Our Building Business Acumen Solution is built to:
Understand: Understand how your business operates.
Learn: Learn the five essential elements of business.
Attain: Attain an understanding of how the company makes money.
Know: Know how your work impacts the bottom line.
Demonstrate innovative problem-solving skills by seeking out differences and new and better alternatives.
Core competencies of Building Business Acumen employees will learn:
FIVE ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF BUSINESS
● How cash is generated and why it’s critical.
● Understand margin and being profitable.
● Velocity and the process through which you can turn inventory or capital.
● Understand what creates growth and why.
● The reasons customers buy from some businesses and not from others.
NAVIGATING AN ANNUAL REPORT
● What the purpose of the annual report is.
● Key components of this report.
● Learn how the price/earnings ratio is calculated and used.
● Link initiatives to the five essential elements of business.