Building Business Acumen
What the CEO Wants You to Know™
Building Business Acumen - What the CEO Wants You to Know™
This crucial business solution helps employees understand how an organisation operates financially, and how they impact its bottom line.
Employees have become increasingly specialised, and their knowledge is critical essential in their areas of expertise. However, that focussed skillset and educational background may also mean that they don’t have a deep understanding of how their organisations operate as a whole.
The Building Business Acumen workshop, based on the book What the CEO Wants You to Know by best-selling business author Ram Charan, draws on the knowledge gained from years of working with Fortune 100 CEOs, and instills C-level insights in your employees so they can align their efforts to your business goals and maximise your bottom line.
When employees understand how their organisation operates, they can better align their efforts and decisions to benefit your bottom line.
The Building Business Acumen solution is designed to help any employee, especially those who infrequently work with the financial aspects, to:
- Understand how your business operates.
- Learn the five essential elements of business.
- Understand how the business makes money.
- Know how their work impacts the bottom line.
Aligning Employee Efforts
with Company Objectives
“Step back and get a total picture of the business. As you cut through the complexity, you will get a clear fix on what is happening in the real world”.
-Ram Charan, best-selling author of What the CEO Wants You to Know : How Your Company Really Works
Building Business Acumen Training
How Will You Benefit?
Building business acumen helps employees make more informed decisions, engage with the business at a new level, and develop more strategic thinking to achieve the organisation’s objectives by:
Learning the five essential elements of business:
- How cash is generated and why it’s critical.
- Understand margin and being profitable.
- Velocity and the process through which you can turn inventory or capital.
- Understand what creates growth and why.
- The reasons customers buy from some businesses and not from others.
Navigating an annual report:
- What the purpose of the annual report is.
- Key components of this report.
- Learn how the price/earnings ratio is calculated and used.
- Link initiatives to the five essential elements of business.
Building Business Acumen:
© Copyright 2021. FranklinCovey Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.