We Enable Greatness in People and Organisations Everywhere.
WHO WE ARE
A Company Built On Culture
FranklinCovey is the world leader in helping organisations achieve results that require lasting changes in human behaviour, often the most difficult challenge any organisation faces. When accomplished, it is also the most durable competitive advantage.
We provide content, tools, methodology, training and thought leadership, all based on a foundation of unshakeable principles and proven practices.
Our ultimate aim is to deliver not just incremental but also transformational results. Our expanding reach now extends to more than 150 countries, with over 2,000 associates working toward our common mission of enabling greatness in people and organisations everywhere.
“Everything about your company can be replicated, except its culture.”
ROBERT A. WHITMAN, CEO
A LETTER FROM THE CEO
The Challenge of Greatness
“Good” may be good enough for some, but most of us want more than that. Something inside us makes us want to be better than good. We want to be part of a team whose members, even years later, will be remembered for what they accomplished. We want to go for greatness! At FranklinCovey, our passion and mission is to enable greatness in people and organisations everywhere. To that end, we have studied the topic of great performance at perhaps an unprecedented level.
We have been privileged to work with thousands of organisations striving to achieve greatness. We have gone deep inside the operations of more than 500 of these organisations, examined and synthesised the data from more than 225,000 survey respondents, and worked with and analysed more than 2,000 teams. We wanted to understand what constitutes great performance, what gets in the way of it, what conditions are necessary for it, and what a leader’s role is in achieving it.
As a result, we have learned a lot about the topic of organisational greatness and what does and doesn’t matter in getting there. For example:
- The “strategic hand” dealt to great performers was not materially different from that dealt to good performers. Great performers simply did more with the hand they were dealt.
- There are pockets of great performance in every organisation, and the great performers didn’t typically have more basic know-how than good performers. Great performers were simply much more successful at institutionalising what they did know. They were better at execution; better at reducing inconsistency and getting the middle 60 percent of their operations, core performers to operate at levels much closer to that of their top performers.
WHAT IS GREATNESS
While absolute financial or operating performance is often the only “measure of greatness” people look at, our research shows that great organisations always produce four key outcomes. These four outcomes produced by great performers are:
- Sustained superior performance. They succeed financially, or operationally, in both the short and long term and not just on an absolute basis, but relative to their market potential or the hand they’re dealt.
- Intensely loyal customers. They earn not only the satisfaction of their customers but also their true loyalty.
- Highly engaged and loyal employees. The people who work at great organisations are more than satisfied – they are energised and passionate about what they do.
- Distinctive contribution. They do more than “business as usual” they fulfill a unique mission that sets them apart from the crowd.
These four outcomes are measurable, unmistakable, and attainable by any organisation.
THE REWARDS OF GREATNESS
- Perform 50 percent more profitably than their peers.
- Grow more than twice as fast as their peers.
- Win the loyalty of all stakeholders, which makes it easier to continue to win in the future.
Beyond these rewards, there is something deeper and meaningful. The reward that comes only to those who have truly paid the price to excel.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, FranklinCovey
Our Foundational Beliefs
- People are inherently capable, aspire to greatness, and have the power to choose.
- Principles are timeless and universal and are the foundation for lasting effectiveness.
- Leadership is a choice built inside-out on a foundation of character.
- Great leaders unleash the collective talent and passion of people toward the right goal.
- Habits of effectiveness come only from the committed use of integrated processes and tools.
- Sustained superior performance requires the P/PC Balance (Production/Production Capability), a focus on achieving results and on building capability.
Phone: 0800 475 078
Email: [email protected]